If .. ‘Ifs and buts’ were candy and nuts…oh, what a party we would have.” –H. Bergh
I love candied nuts. They are salty-sweet and super easy to make. Add them to an ordinary dessert or salad and you’re a rock star! They’re a perfect addition to any holiday menu and can be stored a week or so in an airtight container. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1-cup raw pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts
- A generous pinch (about ¼ of a teaspoon) of kosher salt
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan.
- Add brown sugar and cook while stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the nuts and cook while stirring constantly until the nuts take on a golden color.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool. If the nuts are stuck together, use 2 forks to separate.
Here are some ingredients you can add to the nuts while they’re browning to change things up:
- A generous pinch (about ¼ of a teaspoon) of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A generous pinch (about ¼ of a teaspoon) of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Enjoy your Sunday!
Sources & Resources- click on any of the links below for more information!
Suzie The Foodie, Candied Pecans.