Our primary goal here at Lipstick-Chat here is empowering women. Recently, we have had the honor of actually watching it work. If you think that one “pay it forward”, one kindness doesn’t pay off, we have seen different. From one Open House gathering, one woman invited another woman who never goes out, out dinner. She accepted. One woman, who was having difficulty finding work, found out that another woman at the party worked in Human Resources, and took her resume. Another woman whose Mom is in hospice, was helped by another woman whose daughter died in the care of hospice. The more we look, the more we become involved, the more we see this happening. It is the movement we hoped. It is the movement we believe. It is the movement we are trying to live.
Having experienced this first hand, we want to gather more women to keep the empowerment movement going. Stay tuned. We are in the planning stages of our first Lipstick Chat empowerment gathering. Details to follow…
Do you believe in empowerment?
Fee & Becky
What does normal look like to you? Do you feel or think you are normal? At times, we get ourselves into situations that no longer serve or honor who we truly are. Yet we stay there because they now look and feel normal to us. They become our “new normal”. If we could actually step outside the situation and take an objective look inside, it may not look so normal from out there. For example, when I was drinking, normal looked and felt to me to drink until drunk no matter what my responsibilities or consequences. When I had a few months of sobriety, the “so not normal “of that scenario became abundantly clear.
If you are in one of those situations that no longer serve you, do you believe in the power of creating a new normal? If you don’t, please follow and honor that belief but I suggest you stop reading now . However, if you do believe that you have the power within you to create a new normal, here a few steps to help you get started.
- Make a gut check (a look deep inside) and identify any situations in your life that may not feel right to you. As Warren and I wrote earlier in the week, this type of gut check will probably cause tears. It’s OK! Write the possibilities down on a piece of paper.
- Under each specific scenario write the possible steps can take that will allow you to move to a place of health and wellness.
- Now take a deep breath and it with the piece of paper until you are good and ready to the action. This step is extremely personal. There is no set time limit. Move at your own pace.
- When you are ready to move from thought to action, pull out that piece of paper and begin taking the steps outlined on the list.
- Give yourself a big, fat KUDOS because you are now on your way to creating a new (and amazing) normal!
Only you can determine what your normal looks like. So, just for today, do what feels right inside and out, and if that is creating a new normal…so be it ! If its staying put where you are…that’s perfect too. You have the power to create and embrace your normal!