Speaking of body image, I was more than slightly taken aback when I read that more and more women are having elective vagioplasty. If you’re not familiar with the term, let me fill you in. Vagioplasty is “a procedure that aims to tighten up a vagina that’s become slack or loose from vaginal childbirth or aging.” Think of it as a face-lift for the Cha Cha.
I have to tell you that I’ve been so worried about my ever-expanding ass that I hadn’t even considered that my downtown area might be in need of a major overhaul.
And quite honestly, I don’t want to think about it. 45 years and 3 child-births later, my vagina is what it is. It’s like an old leather jacket- broken in, soft, and comforting. I’ve always been opened minded to the idea of cosmetic surgery, but to be obsessed with the state of my lady garden seems borderline neurotic.
Carl Jung said, “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” Even one’s vagina.
Well that’s all I’ve got. Be kind to yourself today!
- For Mother’s Day I would like a new Vagina please… (hdfloyd73.wordpress.com)
- Lawmaker Uses Vagina as Synonym for Woman (politicalwire.com)
Just a few weeks left and the kids will be home for the summer. Some of you may be looking forward to all of the fun activities you have planned, while others are wondering how in the world you will make it to August without committing a murder/suicide!
Some tips for you Mom’s that you may already know, but probably bear repeating!
- Do not be surprised when your kids act like kids! Yes, they will fight, whine, complain and sleep. They will say they are bored then argue about not wanting to do the things you plan to keep them busy. That is what kids do, and if you start each day waiting for it you will handle it much better.
- Create some structure. Have a daily list of tasks for them to complete. Don’t argue about it. Simply let them know nothing else happens if they don’t complete them. Be selfish and choose things that benefit you!
- Have them make suggestions on activities early on and plan them. Don’t worry if they all do not want to take part. If you leave one or more to be by themselves or do something else that is fine. Time alone with individual kids is always good for them and you.
- Always schedule time for you! You are of no use to anyone else if you are not doing things that re-fuel and feed you! Plan ahead for those things as well, and you will find that you will experience the feelings of resentment less on the days when you do not have a moment to yourself!