Monthly Archives: September 2012
Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. Alexander Graham Bell
Good Morning Lipstick Chatters. Usually we post a recipe here on Sunday, but we are going to change it up a little today. As some of you already know, over the last 4 1/2 years, I have lost 140 pounds, and I have kept it off for one year now. I am often asked “How did you do that?” So I thought today I would share some of what I actually did to get there.
First, I needed to get a handle on my food. Here’s what I knew: 1. I am not a very good cook, but I would have to do a little cooking if I was going to lose the weight. 2. When I come home from work, I am tired and I don’t want to cook. 3. Preparation would be necessary to make this work. I got into the habit of spending 2 to 3 hours on Sunday preparing certain foods that I can keep in my refrigerator and use them to make quick and low calorie meals. Here are just a few of the things I prepare on Sunday.
- Several chicken breasts cut up and cubed for meals and salads.
- A hefty portion of saute’d vegetables (whatever is in season). Zucchini, peppers and mushrooms are some of my favorites. I use these in my morning egg bakes, on lunch time salads and evenings with chicken.
- Center cut bacon. These strips can be used in a salad, on a sandwich with Laughing Cow cheese or cut up in your egg bake.
- Fruit, again whatever is in season. I would cut up strawberries, pineapple, peel the oranges and grapefruits and store them in containers
- I always have sugar free jello and cool whip on hand for a quick and easy dessert with very little calories.
These are just a few tricks that I have learned over the years but I am so eager to learn more. So please, what do you do to stay on track? Are their certain foods that you keep on hand for quick, easy healthy meals? Thanks for helping me stay fit
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra
Now that Fall is upon us, we can ‘t help but think and feel the change. Each day we are changing too, with or without our permission and sometimes recognition. Do you believe that all great changes are preceded by chaos? Can you recognize and accept the chaos as growth? Are you afraid of change? What advice do you have regarding the chaos and change?
We can feel the winds of change blowing and bringing you peace and joy. Happy Fall.
Lipstick Chat girlies